Gemean’s forensics professionals use state-of-the-art methods and software to collect, process, and deliver the relevant electronic information.
Incident Response / Digital Forensics
Throughout this process we maintain chronological chain-of-custody documentation showing the seizure, custody, control, transfer, analysis, and disposition of evidence, whether physical or electronic.
Our professionals have served as Fraud Investigators, computer forensic investigator, Digital Forensic Technicians and Cyber Security Specialist as well as testifying experts in legal and investigative matters worldwide. In each case, our professionals leverage industry accepted training, computer forensics investigation, certifications and proven methodologies to unravel complicated puzzles and stories.
Our certifications include:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Computer Examiner (CCE)
- Encase Certified Examiner (EnCE)
- Access Data Certified Examiner (ACE)
- Mobile Phone Examiner (MPE)
- Certified E-Discovery Professional (EDD)
- CompTIA Linux+
- Microsoft Certified Professional including Windows XP, NT4 Server, Windows 95
- Certified Handheld Examiner (CHE)
- Qualified Security Assessor (QSA)
- Concordance Certified Software Trainer (CCST)
- EnCase Certified e-Discovery Practitioner
Excellent communication is a determining factor in successful computer forensic work and Gemean’s regular and frequent status reports ensure that the focus and value of your project are maintained. Our highly-skilled and experienced team performs a range of services including:
- Electronic evidence collection and preservation
- Live acquisitions including collection of volatile data
- Secure storage and review
- Forensic evidence handling
- Forensic analysis and reporting
- Deletion wiping and deleted file recovery
- Metadata review
- User and email file analysis
- Intellectual property theft analysis
- Activity timeline records
- Cryptanalysis and steganalysis
- Computer Forensics Investigation
Gemean’s Litigation Readiness Services and Solutions can help you with:
- Managing the costs of electronic discovery and litigation
- Reducing the risk of sanctions, fines, and adverse decisions
- Making decisions about your organization’s data faster and more intelligently
- Maintaining control of your organizations data and keep it behind the firewall
- Creating litigation ready capabilities in-house and be proactive about eDiscovery
Our experts understand the critical nature of litigation, computer forensics investigation, and the discovery process. It is the urgency and complexity of these engagements that drives the need for litigation preparedness. Discovery response is directly linked to the security and profitability of any corporation. The ability to effectively guide clients through the process using the correct technology and approach is equally important for outside counsel and law firms. Our Litigation Readiness Solution addresses the need to find the right balance between enhancing in-house capabilities and outsourcing litigation response.
Gemean experts will assist your legal department or litigation team to create and implement a legally defensible litigation response plan. Using a People, Computer forensics investigation, Process and Technology approach, we aid our clients throughout the initial assessment and planning to the process and policy implementation phases and then finally to maintaining it as a sustainable business process through continued training and updates to the solution.
Gemean experts have decades of combined experience with assisting publicly traded companies, private companies, public agencies, and law firms in producing long term and ongoing compliance solutions to their clients with computer forensics investigation.
Our Litigation Preparedness Services include:
- Litigation Response Planning
- Litigation Hold Management
- Legal Technology Review
- Document Retention Policy Review and Development
- Legacy Data Management and Review
- Defensible Data Destruction
- Solution Implementation
Turnkey Hosted Litigation Solution
We use industry leading tools for our turnkey hosting solutions. These include full featured litigation database features including searching, reviewing, tagging, annotations, collaboration, security, document tracking, image viewing, etc. Our case management solution allows for collaborative fact and issue management system that facilitates the capture, organization, and sharing of critical case knowledge.
Our server administration and architecture team customize data structure environments to host large volumes of data for litigation projects.
This enables multi-team auditors and experts to work efficiently-around the globe-anywhere and anytime without compromising security. Our Large Volume Data Hosting for Litigation Projects is housed in a highly secure and resilient SAS70 certified co-location space.
All facilities are installed with sophisticated power distribution system for resilience and cooling up to 2N+1 redundancy, together with high level of security and 24/7 on-site support.
Call us for a trail and a tour of the feature set and user interface.
eDiscovery / Managed Review
Our experts offer scalable, defensible and repeatable processes designed to reduce costs and drive precise results in eDiscovery, computer forensics investigation, and document review. Utilizing industry leading technology and tailored approaches to managed review and eDiscovery we excel in the following areas:
- Early Case Assessment
- ESI culling filtering and processing
- Technology Assisted Review
- Document review staffing and management
- Hosting/Industry standard document review platform
- Document production support
Complex Data Analytics
Our data mining services include:
- Preservation and collection of databases
- Data mining
- Data analytics
- Data modeling
- Analysis of complex enterprise systems
Gemean’s data mining professionals have designed and managed all types of database systems, which means we truly understand the architecture and characteristics of data storage and retrieval.
This understanding enables us to quickly map and locate data—significantly reducing the time and cost of data mining. Our data analytics and conceptualization methodology improve results and reduce costs by identifying relevant documents in the larger data population and classifying them according to pre-determined groups. We also use data analytics to identify privileged and potentially privileged documents and communications.
Working closely with attorneys and auditors, we uncover evidence by employing advanced statistical and data mining techniques such as database analysis tools, computer software programs, ontology and business intelligence tools and techniques to unlock hidden data as well as detect patterns and anomalies in that data.
Getting your electronic house in order to mitigate risk & expenses should e-discovery become an issue, from initial creation of electronically stored information through its final disposition.
Locating potential sources of ESI & determining its scope, breadth & depth.
Ensuring that ESI is protected against inappropriate alteration or destruction.
Gathering ESI for further use in the e-discovery process (processing, review, etc.).
Reducing the volume of ESI and converting it, if necessary, to forms more suitable for review & analysis.
Evaluating ESI for relevance & privilege.
Evaluating ESI for content & context, including key patterns, topics, people & discussion.
Delivering ESI to others in appropriate forms & using appropriate delivery mechanisms.
Displaying ESI before audiences (at depositions, hearings, trials, etc.), especially in native & near-native forms, to elicit further information, validate existing facts or positions, or persuade an audience.